To promote and provide professional, independent interpreting/intervenor services of a high calibre, which meet the needs of consumers throughout Manitoba.
- Promoting the utilization of interpreter/intervenor services throughout the community at large in all aspects of society.
- Providing professional and independent interpreting/intervenor services, which facilitate equal participation in communication.
- Promoting and providing consultation to educational programs to ensure continued improvement and development of professional qualified interpreter/intervenor.
- Providing interpreting/intervenor services of a high calibre, which meet the needs and respect the rights of consumers.
- Providing interpreter/intervenor services, which comply with the Code of Ethics as, set out by the Association of Visual Language Interpreters of Canada.
- Working co-operatively with the community at large to ensure that services are designed, developed and delivered in a comprehensive, rational, efficient, and effective manner.
- Working as a liaison with other organizations and agencies promoting the advancement, enhancement, and continued development of the interpreting field.
Operating Principles of ECCOE
- ECCOE is a non-profit organization whereby none of its income may be paid, payable or otherwise made available for the personal benefit of its members.
- ECCOE will strive to ensure that equitable services are available throughout the province.
- ECCOE will strive to provide interpreter/intervenor services that facilitate full participation in society.
- Any changes in the services provided by ECCOE will occur in such a way that the rights and needs of consumers will continue to be respected.
- ECCOE will ensure the establishment of a fair and objective appeals mechanism to which consumers, staff, and/or the community may forward concerns and complaints without prejudice.
- ECCOE will conduct its operations in a co-operative manner with consumers, board members, management and staff, working together within a participatory management framework towards the achievement of common objectives.
- ECCOE is accountable to its consumers and the community at large to meet its objectives in an efficient manner. To this end, will develop an evaluation mechanism to review policies, operations, planning, & budgeting with a view to adapting to the changing needs of the communities it serves.
- ECCOE will design and implement an affirmative action policy and program.